An exciting opportunity for a Tax Advisor to join a small team in a growing start up and develop skills in a niche area of corporation tax.
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com by close of play on Wednesday November 25th 2020.
£28,000 – £40,000, dependant on qualifications and experience
Based at our Bridgend office
The Role Purpose
The primary focus of the role will be to assist in the preparation of R&D tax credit claims, through technically excellent report writing and tax calculations. You will spend time understanding our client’s businesses and their R&D projects to ensure their claims are fully maximised.
- Ensuring Anti-Money Laundering checks are carried out in line with internal controls and industry regulations.
- Amending and filing of corporation tax returns.
- Liaising with clients and business partners to establish and maintain strong relationships.
- Providing tax guidance to clients relating to R&D tax credit claims.
- Staying abreast of industry developments and legislative changes relevant to R&D tax credits.
- Updating clients and third parties with any developments in the R&D tax credit scheme.
- Assistance in the preparation of R&D tax credit claims including calculations and report writing for submission to HMRC.
- Once fully competent you will take on your own client portfolio and progress business development opportunities including pitching for work with both new and existing clients.
- Travel within the UK may be required.
- The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
- Fully qualified accounting or tax professional with ACCA / ACA / CTA. Newly qualified applicants will be accepted.
- Experience in the preparation of corporate tax returns.
- Highly numerate with advanced excel skills.
- Possess strong communication skills by telephone and over email.
- Professional and personable attitude.
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple client claims.
- Driver with a willingness to travel to client meetings if needed in own vehicle (expenses reimbursed).
- Takes a pragmatic approach to problem solving and thrives under pressure.
- Proactive approach and willingness to learn.
- Experience dealing with R&D tax claims (not essential as a full training programme will be provided).
Why work with LimestoneGrey?
We understand that a Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm routine sometimes does not suit all circumstances. We offer flexible working, allowing you to strike the right work life balance.
Relaxed working environment
We work hard and get the job done, but we have fun whilst doing it.
We are fortunate to work with inspirational people from businesses across all sectors. No two projects are ever the same.
We are a growing start up that invests in its staff. Opportunities are available to develop your skills and experience, allowing you to progress.
Just a nice place to work
We are a friendly team, providing a supportive environment to thrive.
15 Neptune Court, Vanguard Way, Cardiff, CF24 5PJ
110 Bishopsgate, London, EC2N 4AY
Chancery Place, 50 Brown St, Manchester, M2 2JG
0330 223 4 223